A few years ago, Dr. Todd Britten successfully passed the rigorous requirements to become a Board-Certified Diplomate of The American Board of Periodontology. Board-Certified periodontists are held to a higher level of care and skill by the American Board of Periodontology and we know he is so proud to be a Diplomate of this professional organization.
“The Mission of the American Board of Periodontology is to Advance the Art and Science of Periodontics and Elevate the Quality of Periodontal care through the Examination, Certification, and Recertification of Periodontists and by Encouraging the Achievement and Maintenance of Diplomate status.”
Dr. Britten is committed to excellent patient care by continually updating his skills and knowledge of new procedures and technology so that he can provide the highest quality, least invasive care available in our industry.
A Diplomate is a periodontist who has made significant achievements beyond the mandatory educational requirements of the specialty and who is certified by the American Board of Periodontology.
To be educationally qualified for Board certification requires:
- Certification as a dentist, including basic college education and completion of dental school to earn the D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree and;
- Certification as a periodontist after successful completion of an educational program in Periodontology, which is accredited by Commission on Dental Accrediation of the American Dental Association.
- Comprehensive qualifying and oral examination covering all phases of periodontal disease and its treatment, including dental implants.
- Recertification every six years.
- [iphorm id=”3″ name=”Contact form”]