Implant Planning: What to Know About CBCT Scans
At Britten Periodontics & Implant Dentistry, we use 3D low radiation Cone Beam CT Scans for diagnosis and treatment planning. While it only take less than a minute, the scan supports a much higher level of patient care compare to conventional 2D X-ray films. 3D low radiation Cone Beam CT Scans allow a detailed look at existing teeth, bone, nerves, and tissue.
The 3D Cone Beam CT Scan provides three-dimensional and cross-sectional views that allow Dr. Britten to:
- Examine the quality and density of the bone that will anchor the dental implant
- Determine the proper treatment approach for each individual patient
- Determine the precise placement of implants
- Select the correct type and size of the implants
- Avoid the nerves and sinuses.
Dr. Britten uses the best materials for implants, employing state-of-the art technology and procedures. His commitment to quality implant care has gained the confidence and earned the trust of many of patients just like you.