As we continue to face uncertainty as a community due to COVID-19 and the social distancing guidelines passed down from the federal, state and local leadership, our team at Britten Periodontics & Implant Dentistry has realized the continued importance of strong and ongoing relationships.
We want you to know that we are here for you!
Where We’ve Been
When we think about the individuals that bring us joy in fulfilling our vision for health and well-being, we immediately think of you, our patients and friends. We miss you greatly and are continuing to find ways of connecting with you regularly and being available for you in any way possible as we get ready for opening the practice beyond emergency appointments.
The original goal of the reduction to Emergency Care only was to suppress the spread of the virus and reduce the use of protective masks, surgical gowns, and other personal protective equipment (PPE) that hospitals and clinics found in short supply. This also gave us an opportunity to reinforce what we have always done when it comes to sterilization and infection controls, as well as implement additional steps to make sure that every patient can be assured a safe dental experience.
Where We’re Going
We are very excited to announce that our practice reopened on May 18, 2020, for a wider spectrum of dental care. We have been working diligently to replenish our supplies, so that we are ready with a new schedule in place that ensures the safety and comfort for both team and patients, as we return to full care and service.
Our team has worked hard to reach out to patients who have had to cancel their appointments due to the shut down as well as patients who are currently scheduled in the up-coming months to confirm new appointments that promote social distancing mandates and protect our most vulnerable. Our new scheduling options are designed to address individual oral healthcare needs and maintain a safe and sterile environment.
If you have NOT gotten a text or email from us to reschedule, or are confused about your appointment status, please call (727-586-2681) or email us at email@example.com.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff that we wanted to share.
We know things will be different, but one thing that will never change is our commitment to your safety, comfort and dental health! We’ve missed you and are excited to see your smiling faces again! Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
We have made the following changes to help protect our patients and staff that we wanted to share.
- We have developed a system in the office to maintain the highest level of sterility and disinfection. This includes treatment areas as always, but we have elevated our infection protocols to also include increased and frequent cleaning of all common areas in the building of all surfaces, including door handles, faucets and countertops.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We are screening all patients for recent travel, fever or signs of respiratory illness. If travel has occurred or symptoms are present, please do not schedule a visit in our office until 2 weeks has passed.
- Our reception area (waiting room) will be temporarily CLOSED; please honor our NO VISITOR POLICY. Visitors will be permitted for extreme exceptions only, which must be pre-approved before arriving.
- We have a touchless hand sanitizer at the front desk that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Please bring a MASK of face covering with you to wear in all common areas of the building. If you do not have one, we will provide one prior to your entry into the building. Please let us know if you need one.
- When you arrive to the office PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR and CALL 727-586-2681 to “Check in”.
- We will be taking all patient TEMPERATURES.
- A pre-rinse of hydrogen peroxide will be performed with your care provider at your appointment to reduce microbial numbers, as recommended by the ADA.
- All staff members will be wearing CDC and OSHA recommended personal protective equipment, even our administrative staff to some degree. Don’t worry; your favorite faces are still here behind those masks! This measure is to protect you as much as possible while in our care. Please know that our administrative staff is as friendly and eager to talk to you as always and ALWAYS available for longer discussions or question & answer sessions over the phone or by email.
- If possible, please pay for your visit over the phone prior to your appointment. Otherwise, we are able to accept payment in a contact-less manner.
If you have any questions about any of the above changes or guidelines, we will be happy to discuss them further and answer any questions